Atlas Translations sign Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health
On 11 March, we at Atlas Translations have signed the “Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health.”
Director Clare Suttie commented: “We wanted to demonstrate that we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.”
As an employer we recognise that in the UK, people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work.
As an employer, we have made an on-going commitment to:
- Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill health.
- Not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work.
- Be positive and enabling towards all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition.
- Support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace.
- Ensure we are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010).
- Make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
‘Established in 2004, Mindful Employer is a UK wide initiative run by Devon Partnership NHS Trust. Providing employers with easier access to professional Workplace Mental Health training, information and support, the initiative aims to help empower employers to take a lead in supporting the mental wellbeing of their staff. By signing the ‘Charter for Employer Positive About Mental Health’, Atlas Translations Ltd have made a public statement of our desire to support the mental health of our staff across the organisation.’
More articles you may like
Originally posted on spicerack.co.uk We’ve been taking stock of the latest trends in the eCommerce world and reviewing...
Make sure your business stands out from the crowd with our #exhibitionstands and #popupbanners Our stands are a must...
To most Londoners, the Olympia is ‘that part of the district line we do not visit’. A 10,000-capacity...